Friends and family test
Would you recommend High Field Surgery?
If you visit our surgery you may be asked to give some feedback about about whether or not you would recommend us to your family and friends.
There will be two simple questions:
How likely are you to recommend our GP practice to friends and family if they need similar care or treatment?You will be asked to choose from 6 options, ranging from ‘extremely likely’ to ‘extremely unlikely’
Please can you tell us why you gave that answer?.
The test is available online. If you are signed up to our free text messaging service you may be asked by text message or we may give you a simple handout in the surgery. Your response is anonymous and you can post replies in the prescription box on reception on your way out.
What Will We Do With The Results?
The information will give us valuable feedback on what you think of the care and treatment you have received. This will help us to improve the experience for patients in the future.
The Friends and Family Test has already been successfully used in hospitals across the country. More information on the Friends and Family Test can be found on the NHS website.
How you have rated us
The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health-related matters for patients, families and carers.
They are a great first point of call if you have any questions or concerns when you are using NHS services. For example, you may wish to find out about an outpatient appointment or you have a concern about hospital services.
In Leeds information can be found at:
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust’s PALS for hospital services in Leeds
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust PALS for community services in Leeds
- Leeds and York Partnership NHS Foundation Trust PALS for mental health services in Leeds
Patient Participation Group
What is the patient participation group?
The patient group is open to any registered patient to join, and its purpose is to engage patients, and their voices in the future development of the NHS. Do you have ideas for improving services in the practice or across Leeds? Are there services you would like to see available? The group is your opportunity to let us know your view, to change the landscape. The group meets three times per year.
We always welcome patients to participate. Ask the practice manager about joining.
Minutes of patient participation group
- Minutes of patient group meeting 15 September 2020
- Minutes of patient group meeting 14 July 2020
- Minutes of patient group meeting 14 January 2020
- Minutes of patient group meeting 26 November 2019
- Minutes of patient group meeting 10 September 2019
- Minutes of patient group meeting 29 January 2019
- Minutes of patient group meeting 25 September 2018
- Minutes of patient group meeting 13 March 2018
- Minutes of patient group meeting 19 September 2017
- Minutes of patient group meeting April 2017
- Minutes of patient group meeting January 2017
- Minutes of patient group meeting September 2016
- Minutes of patient group meeting May 2016
- Minutes of patient group meeting January 2016
- Minutes of patient group meeting September 2015
- Minutes of patient group meeting May 2015
- Minutes of patient group meeting January 2015
- Minutes of patient group meeting September 2014
- Minutes of patient group meeting May 2014
- Minutes of patient group meeting January 2014
- Minutes of patient group meeting September 2013
- Minutes of patient group meeting June 2013
- Minutes of patient group meeting February 2013
- Minutes of patient group meeting September 2012
- Minutes of patient group meeting May 2012
- Minutes of patient group meeting February 2012
- Minutes of patient group meeting December 2011
Patient involvement plans
Terms of reference
Patient participation reports
Patient satisfaction survey
It is important for us to listen to your views about the surgery and the patient group have helped us to survey you for your comments:
Rights and responsibilities
- All patients registered at the practice have a named, accountable GP responsible for their overall care, but any patient can see any doctor or nurse they choose.
- Patients have the right to say if they would prefer to see a particular doctor or nurse and we will try to arrange this (as long as they are available). We understand that ‘continuity of care’ is important. Seeing the same nurse or doctor for a particular condition can make it easier to get the right diagnosis and plan your treatment/management better.
- Registered patients are invited to have a health check from time to time. We hope you will take up this service.
- We also offer all patients over 40 an NHS Health Check every 5 years. Please contact reception to discuss this.
- Patients have the right to see their own health records, subject to the terms of the Data Protection Act.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. That way clinics are more likely to run on time.
- Please inform the practice if you can’t make an appointment or if the appointment is no longer necessary, so the slot can be offered to another patient.
- Please try and attend the surgery and do not make a request for a home visit unless absolutely necessary. Home visits are for housebound or seriously ill patients. In the time it takes to conduct 1 home visit we can typically see at least 3 patients at the surgery.
- Please make requests for repeat prescriptions in good time. We suggest at least 72 hours before you need more medication.
- Please co-operate with all practice staff and treat them courteously. They are trying to help you.
A zero tolerance policy towards violent, threatening and abusive behaviour is now in place throughout the NHS. The doctors, nurses and staff in this practice have the right to do their work in an environment free from violent, threatening or abusive behaviour and everything will be done to protect that right. At no time will any such behaviour be tolerated in this practice. If you do not respect the rights of our staff we may choose to inform the police and make arrangements for you to be removed from our medical list.