You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery
Online services available
- Book, cancel or check appointments online
- Update address details and phone numbers
- Request repeat prescriptions
- Have online access to your patient record
- Send secure messages to the practice
Please logon to SystmOnline.
We currently only offer online booking of GP appointments. Nurse appointments are not available because different nurses provide different services and require different appointment lengths that we cannot specify online.
How to use the service
There are now three different services to allow online access
If you have a smartphone you can download the NHS App from the Apple or Android store. The NHS App has a secure registration process that most patients will be able to complete online without the need to contact the surgery.
To use the service you need to:
- Come to the surgery and ask the receptionist to issue your unique log in name and password. You will need a photo ID so we can confirm your identity.
- Access the practice web site, then go to the SystmOnline website and enter your log in details.
- The first thing you will be asked to do is change the temporary password to one of your choosing
- When you book an appointment online, you will receive confirmation immediately. There is no need to re-confirm by e-mail or telephone.
SystmOnline also has a mobile app that can be used on your smartphone or tablet on both iOS devices and Android. The app allows the full range of services that are available on the website, although we now recommend you use the NHS App or the Airmid app (see below) as these offer greater functionality including the ability to book appointments more than 2 weeks ahead.
Airmid is the brand new health management app from our clinical system supplier that provides more functionality than the SystmOnline app. You can download Airmid from the Apple or Android store. With Airmid, you can:
- book and manage appointments
- request repeat medication
- message medical professionals
- view and add to your medical record
- give friends and family access to your record
- set medication reminders
- import health data from Google Fit
- find nearby clinics
- check your symptoms
You can log in to Airmid with your existing SystmOnline username and password. If you don’t have one, contact reception. You need to have a verified email address with your organisation to use Airmid.
We take the security of your information very seriously. By working with TPP, the company that provides the computer systems for this practice, we can ensure that the information you provide when using the online booking is protected. All communications with the TPP web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter. The web site is administered at a remote high-security site managed by TPP, not at the practice, so there is no possibility of unauthorised access. Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.