Accessing your NHS

Posted on:

Information on coronavirus

For information on the coronavirus outbreak please go to the page on coronavirus at NHS.UK or the information on

Your NHS is still here for you when you need us

It’s important that if you, or your loved ones, become suddenly unwell you get help quickly. Any delay could lead to disability or even death. You should still access your NHS when you need it, particularly in urgent cases.You can still  ring 999 or go to A&E, and your GP practice is open for business because the Doctors will consult with you by telephone and can use video technology if required.

We want to keep everyone safe. To help you here’s examples of when you need to contact 999 or go to A&E.

When to call 999 and attend A&E:

  • Choking
  • Chest pain
  • Blackout
  • Severe bleeding
  • A serious injury
  • If you think you’re having a stroke

When to call your GP:

  • Concerns regarding ongoing conditions
  • Ear discharge / pain
  • Rashes
  • Stomach ache
  • Any cancer symptoms such as lump in your breast, changes in bowel habits, blood in your pee or poo, unexplained weight loss, moles that appear to change or cough that you’ve had for three weeks or more (see for more information)

If you have coronavirus symptoms, please mention this when calling your GP practice, calling 999 or when you arrive at A&E.

<!– With