The term ‘social prescribing’ is used to describe a service which supports people to access a range of non-medical services and activities in their local area.
Social prescribing can help people with different social, emotional or practical needs to find the right support in your area to improve your health and wellbeing.
Our local service is run by Linking Leeds.
The service can help you access:
- A specialist mental health service
- General fitness or ‘get active’ classes
- Employment advice and volunteering opportunities
- Healthy eating or healthy walking groups
- Community, faith or cultural groups
- Support groups for physical conditions or emotional difficulties
- Money or housing advice services
- Creative groups including art, gardening or music
More information is on their leaflet.
To make an appointment please contact Linking Leeds on 0113 336 7612 or email email@example.com.