Patients will be interested in this years flu vaccination programme, it is important to have your jab for your own protection and the protection of the wider community.
The majority of qualifying patients have already had their vaccination. If you havent you should contact us without delay as the vaccine reserved for you will shortly be released to other patients.
50-64 year old age group without a Long Term Health Condition
The government has announced the flu jab will be available to 50-64 year olds with effect from 1st December 2020.
We now have vaccines in stock for this age group and are able to take appointment bookings with immediate effect.
Furthermore, all patients between 50 and 64 who now qualify for a free flu jab will be sent a text message invitation by 4th December, which will ask you to telephone the surgery to book or text back if you wish to decline.
If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which are eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will already have been invited multiple times this year.
Child Nasal Spray (2-3 year olds)
Child flu vaccinations have now been delivered to the surgery and child vaccinations are underway. Parents of eligible children have been invited to telephone the surgery and book an appointment by both text message and letter. The majority of children will have the Nasal spray version of the vaccine, so no needles for our youngest patients!
Parents should note they are expected to wear a face covering when bringing their children to the appointment, please read the additional guidance below.
Under 65 Year Old Adult Vaccines
This year different vaccines are used for patients depending on their age. Vaccines are now in stock for patients aged under 65 who qualify for a flu jab due a a long term health condition or who are pregnant. You can check on this link if you are a patient eligible for the vaccination.
Invites have been sent to all eligible patients by text message and letter, you should telephone reception to book an appointment. Please bear in mind the telephone lines will be exceptionally busy during flu season.
Over 65 Year Old Adult Vaccines
This year different vaccines are used for patients depending on their age. Vaccines are now in stock for patients aged 65 and over and invites are being sent out to all these patients over the next few days. Patients should telephone the surgery to book an appointment, please bear in mind the telephone lines will be exceptionally busy at this time.
Changes this year
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and Social Distancing requirements your flu appointment will seem a little different this year
- You will have to wear a face covering when attending your appointment
- When you arrive and check in please use the hand sanitizer provided
- You must not attend the surgery early before your appointment time, if you do you will not be permitted entry to help us control numbers and maintain social distancing
- Please try not to touch anything in the surgery to assist with cleaning between patients
- The clinician will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- You will be asked to minimise your time in the surgery to assist the flow of patients, the clinician will not be able to deal with any other queries during your appointment and you will be asked to leave the surgery promptly
- You can help by wearing appropriate clothing to allow easy access to your arm, wearing short sleeves under your coat is particularly helpful
These measures are in place for the protection of both staff and patients during this exceptionally busy period
This page will be updated regularly with the latest information..
Thank you in anticipation of your cooperation