- Appointments may be made online, by telephone or in person. By default appointments will be face to face. Please ask when booking if you would prefer the appointment to ne over the telephone.
- Please make one appointment for each member of the family who needs to be seen.
- We try to keep to time but please be patient if someone before you takes longer than planned.
- Appointments are normally ten minute slots and so if you have a complicated problem, or more than one problem, please ask for a longer appointment.
- It is practice policy to allow patients to choose whichever doctor they wish to attend in the practice.
Non-urgent advice: help us help you
If you are not able to attend your appointment please let us know in time so that the time can be used for someone else. If you are more than 10 minutes late for an appointment you may be asked to re-book.
Extended opening hours
- We also offer weekday late and weekend appointments at our neighbouring ‘hub’ practice which is at Ireland Wood Surgery. These appointments cannot yet be booked online, but can be booked by speaking to High Field Surgery reception.
- If you feel that your problem is medically urgent we will try and fit you in to see a doctor on the same day. The receptionist may put you in touch with one of the doctors so that your condition can be assessed.
Telephone access (during office hours on 0113 295 3600)
- Doctors are available for telephone advice, primarily by booking a telephone appointment. If you require to speak with a doctor for another reason, and the doctor is busy the receptionist will take your details and ask the doctor to return your call.
Non-urgent advice: dental problem?
Unfortunately we are unable to help if you have a dental problem and so we will ask you to see your dentist. If you are looking for dental care the NHS website can help you find a NHS dentist. For urgent Dental Care please call 111 for the NHS 111 service.